Friday, March 9, 2012

{Cupcake Spy} Shreveport, LA

We're back today with one of my favorite party girls, Emily from Magnolia Creative Co. I have been working with her since almost he beginning of Two Sugar Babies, and always look forward to working with her!


Cupcake Spy - Shreveport, LA

My name is Emily from Magnolia Creative Co. When Charynn asked me to be a cupcake spy I knew exactly which bakery I wanted to visit, Buttercups. Buttercups is owned by Kim Wood. She has been on the Food Network's Cupcake Wars and now has two locations in Shreveport and Bossier City. My daughter has been allergic to eggs all her life and finally outgrew her allergy so I knew this would be the spot to take her for her first REAL cupcake.





On a rainy Sunday we ventured out before going to see the Nutcracker Ballet. The staff was so friendly and excited to be a part of Audrey's first real cupcake celebration. We selected 4 flavors for us to sample and two to take home to my husband, Chocolate, Red Velvet, Strawberry, Cookies and Cream, Vanilla and Peanut Butter. They have a rotating schedule 21 flavors so anytime you go you're sure to be able to try something new.





Audrey loved the chocolate and the strawberry! They were all so moist and the frosting was absolutely delicious topped with their signature "flower" and sprinkles. I am not a huge Oreo fan (I know, gasp!) but I must say the Cookies and Cream cupcake was one of my favorites. The chocolate was rich but the icing was light and had a hint of Oreo. The peanut butter one got rave reviews from my husband as well.


All photos courtesy of Buttercups and Magnolia Creative Co.

They also offer delivery now for orders of 3 dozen or more cupcakes! I'm sure now that Audrey can eat there we'll make Buttercups a regular stop too. We enjoyed our very tasty mission, thank so much for having us participate in your guest blog post.

Note: The exterior picture of the store and the box of 6 cupcakes I took from the Buttercups Facebook page. Like I said it was raining when we went so I couldn't get an exterior pic and trying to keep a box of 6 cupcakes intact with a 3 year old was pretty much impossible.


No comments:

Post a Comment